Blog: Social networking sites

Facebook always gives the impression that users are constantly being informed about the news, but also there is an entertainment aspect. I steered away from Facebook for over a year, but I returned a few months ago. The reason I came back is because my friends are always on and tagging me in posts. I love being able to find out what is going on all over the world, but also seeing cute dog videos. There is so much you can find out through Facebook. As for Twitter, I get the impression of a conversational platform. I see how useful listening to conversations are for companies, because they can get better and grow. On the other hand, you can see what your favorite artist is talking about. Next, the impression I get from Instagram is photography. Everyone is sharing photos and videos. Instagram is a visual resume, presenting your company, talent, or just to show the world who you are. Lastly, Snapchat gives the impression of  being fun and exciting, because you are able to send pictures and videos, but they disappear within a few seconds. Users have to decide very quickly whether the memory will be saved, being that it disappears in seconds.  All of these social media platforms have things in common. They are all used to stay connected. It is used for both personal and/or professional reasons. Everyone has a profile, and a news feed. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2018.

Blog: Blog vs Wiki

Creativity and New Media